Women's Health Physio Treatment in London
Women’s Health Physiotherapy covers all areas relating to Obstetrics (pregnancy) and Gynaecology.
Whether you are suffering from pregnancy-related musculoskeletal problems like back pain, pelvic pain, sciatica or carpal tunnel syndrome. Or struggling with bladder, bowel and pelvic floor dysfunction, causing incontinence, pain, pelvic organ prolapse or sexual dysfunction, we can help you! It often just takes some specialist treatment and training (including physiotherapy in pregnancy) to cure the problem.
OBSTETRICS (Pregnancy Care)
- Advice and treatment for any pain in pregnancy including back, neck, rib and pelvic girdle pain (sacroiliac or symphysis pubis /SPD). Also for nerve problems such as Sciatica and Carpal Tunnel Syndrome (pain, pins and needles or numbness in the hands).
- Physical preparation for labour (positions for labour, breathing techniques, massage, relaxation, TENS).
- Pelvic Floor exercises and training, to prevent and treat incontinence.
- Pregnancy Pilates, and Pregnancy Massage.
- Treatment for any pain post pregnancy, including back, neck and pelvic pain and practical advice relating to breast-feeding and carrying your baby and improving your posture.
- Post-natal abdominal retraining with real-time ultrasound following a C-Section delivery and for rectus divarification (separation of abdominal muscles).
- Pelvic Floor Re-education – for incontinence, prolapse, pelvic pain or following perineal trauma during delivery.
- Individualised and safe ‘return to exercise’ programmes and Postnatal Pilates.
- Book now for a Postnatal body check
Treatment of incontinence, pelvic organ prolapse and pelvic pain including:
- Pelvic Floor Physiotherapy (using Kegal exercises, real-time ultrasound, EMG biofeedback, muscle simulation and cones).
- Manual therapy for overactive or painful pelvic floor muscles.
- Bladder Training and Acupuncture for overactive bladder syndrome.
- Safe rehabilitation following pelvic floor surgery or hysterectomy.
The service is now run from 6 of our top Clinics in London: Parsons Green, SW6, Kensington, W8, Finchley Rd, NW11, Fitzrovia, W1W, Chelsea, SW3, and Monument, EC3.
Or, if you would like to speak to Camilla, Sinéad, Alison, Jenny or Deirdre in confidence, regarding a problem you have or for general advice please call us on 020 7036 0280, or e-mail.